Rights
I guess it has been a while since I actually penned down my thoughts. In fact, it has been close to 5 months since I ever wrote something. I guess the rigour and monotony of everyday life has left me too deprived of energy or interest to even blog about the simplest of things. Yet, the irony of it is that here I am, sick and supposedly tired, yet writing a new blog post.
For some unknown reason, I have had the urge to speak about the rights in our society. This is a very sensitive topic, and I definitely do not wish to anger anyone. I guess I can't deny that I do have some form of bias throughout my post, such morality issues are hard to discuss about as most are based on our feelings and emotions.
In the past, mankind used to dominate in every society. We had power over almost everything, women, land, whatever you could think of. Such prejudice against women was formed from ideals and beliefs that men were breadwinners of the family, more capable and more worthy of praise. Since then, as centuries passed, the power of women has since grown to its peak in recent society. Female rights have so often been championed in society, their influence so strong that egalitarianism has developed in most societies, where females are treated with the same form of respect as males. Of course, there are still instances of inequality in various parts of the world. Malala Yousafzai is a female activist who aims to promote education for girls in Paskistan, where females do not have any opportunity to do so. At only 15, her actions and words were echoed throughout the world after she suffered a head injury from the Taliban. The power of rights allowed her to be the voice of many females suffering the fate they do not deserve.
These very same rights, the freedom of speech, the freedom to act is the belief every society now has. A utopian society is one believed to be where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. Indeed, this is true, but have actually gone overboard in our actions, such that it may even even negatively affect us in the future? I believe that we champion for our rights in something which would benefit a group of people as a whole, which in turns improves the overall state of society. Martin Luther King became an icon, a well respected leader for integrating the African-American group into the community. Well then, how would it actually benefit if the anti-gay law were to be removed? It does help integrate the gay community into society. Yet, the implications of such a decision would have a tremendous impact in future social interactions. Would it be right then, to allow it to happen? If there has been peace and stability in a society, it may be wise to let matters rest.
That brings me to the next big question, are "rights" overused in our current society? Have we actually thought of the consequences of our actions before doing so? By affecting the community to such a large extent, one actually wonders if it has done more harm than good. It is difficult to change social perception in people in such a short period of time. Realistically speaking, there would always be a group of people who disagree with your actions. And the irony is that they have the right to speak up against your actions.
Oh, what a joy.
My views are definitely flawed at some point. These are just my honest opinions. I mean, I have the right to say something, don't I? Just don't take it too much to heart.
Profile
the owner biography goes here
{ PLEASE change anything below here to your own words, don't copy my style of dumb intro }

Who I am? Hello guys! just call me Hanie(m), Michiko, or Han-Ae
#jelly with it??
i'm born on 23rd of July in the year of 1996 in Kuala Lumpur.
My hometown is Seoul, South Korea but i'm currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I'm now study in Selangor Science School.
I'm a pure Malaysian with a lil' bit Chinese mixed.
I do hate bugs, backstabbers, anons, haters, and copycaters
#get out you looser(s).
Proud to be a hardcore KPOP fans since 2010.
Some facts about me :
I have siblings in blogger they're
Myra,
Anna and
AoiSora. I'm kind of
feminine 'boyish' girl. And also bad in 'aegyo'.. Huh -..-"Currently in a mentally dating with all my BIASED.50kg++ weight (quite heavy. duhh~) and 164 height. hihi..i'm famous on tv (public figure)
#lying.Loves to make friends and afraid of
boys and cats //aigoo.